# #

Sunday, September 13, 2009

How Do I Reach You

There you were, among the tall, lush grasses
petting cattails as they pass beneath your fingertips.

Reflective in the sun's light your thoughts
meandered in the distance, poaching a melancholy horizon.

And I smiled as the jasmine breeze whispered your name
betraying your secrets into the day's calm.

Verses kindred in spirit danced on dragonfly wings
hovering over memories filled with goldenrod .

Fragrant longing drew a slumbering breath, ingesting your essence
and I yearned to respond, awakening my fervent soul.

But how does this banausic voice reach out to another so exquisite,

Can such trite emotions prehend the attention of one
whose song is lovelier than the Thorn-bird's?

How Do I Reach You

1 comment:

Theresa Moss said...

Beautiful. You truly know how to stimulate the imagination, Nancy.